Welcome to the webpage of the 3rd International Orienteering Coaches Conference in Austria!
The Coaches Conference took place from 8th to 10th August in Faak am See, Carinthia, Austria. Representatives (coaches, sport managers etc.) from 10 different countries contributed to the success of the conference. On behalf of the Austrian Orienteering Federation, we want to thank all coaches for their participation. We are looking forward to another edition in some years.
All summaries and short reports of the presentations can be found here:
Here you can find daily reports of the Coaches Conference:
If you have any questions about the protocols/summaries/documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
The 3rd edition of the International Orienteering Coaches Conference, organized by the Austrian Orienteering Federation and BSPA (Bundessportakademie Austria), will take place in the beginning of August in Carinthia, located in southern Austria and is part of the current Austrian coaches education programme. Team representitives (e.g. coaches, sports directors,…) of the leading orienteering countries will organise coaching lessons, which include presentations, discussions, group works and practical exercises. The Coaches Conference will be opened for guests/interested people, such as team representatives or (personal) coaches.
Tuesday, 08.08.2023 – Thursday, 10.08.2023
BSFZ Faaker See, Halbinselstraße 14, Carinthia, Austria;
There will be an emphasis on the following topics/questions/problems in the coaching lessons:
- Assumption of (elite) orienteering in the future (up to ten years)
- Structure/Organisation of the high performance field in national federation (teams, coaches – full/part time, budget, athletes, Foot-O/MTBO/Ski-O, etc.)
- Individual support for the athletes: tasks of national team coaches vs. personal coaches
- Recently added: How are gender-specific questions in training and competitions dealed with?
- Performance diagnostics: approach/methods/tools
- Austrian Orienteering – perspective and recommendations
- Introduction/Realisation of a best practice orienteering training (optional)
- Arrival/Departure: Self-organisation. Do not hesitate to contact us, if you need help.
Train stations: Faak am See (local train from/to Villach) & Villach Hbf (International connections: Vienna, Ljubljana, Venice, Salzburg, Munich) Airports: Klagenfurt, Graz, Vienna International Airport, Ljubljana
- Accommodation: Self-organisation. There are many hotels in the surrounding region.
- Costs/payment: For international guests € 75,- per day (3 days € 200,-). It is possible to participate one to three days.
- Entry: For international guests via e-mail: email@example.com .
- Information and Contact:
- Günter Kradischnig, General leader of the Coaches Conference, Organisation Guenter.Kradischnig@integratedconsulting.at
- Florian Kurz, Education issues, Austrian Orienteering Federation, Bulletins and information firstname.lastname@example.org